The team at Sydney Spine and Pelvis Physiotherapy Centre is focused on the health, wellbeing and safety of all our clients and team.
Sydney Spine and Pelvis Physiotherapy & Allied Health staff will always endeavour to assist any person wishing to attend our clinic without prejudice related to ethnicity, culture or sexuality. At this stage of the Covid Pandemic in October 2021 we are committed to looking after the health & wellbeing of all our clients and in particular we want to ensure our elderly and all our vulnerable clients will feel SAFE when they enter our practices and are provided with treatment or exercise rehabilitation.
What you need to consider before attending our practice from October to December 2021
- We are still maintaining strict PPE protocols during all our consultations for both staff and clients, to ensure that all clients that come to our practice know they are safe. This includes, physios and clients wearing masks at all times, and regular disinfection of common areas. We are also contacting screening clients from known "Case locations", and providing flexibility around rescheduling appointments.
- If you have been to a nominated "Covid Case Location" in the last 14 days in SYDNEY, Nationally, or Internationally, whether you have been contacted by NSW Health or not, YOU MUST FOLLOW NSW HEALTH ADVICE. Therefore we expect you will have had a Covid test and be able to show us your negative test result prior to attending the practice.
- The health of our elderly and our vulnerable clients, and our staff is paramount & therefore we are happy to see unvaccinated clients, however they must also respect us, and NSW health advice & show proof of a negative CPR covid test prior to appointments. If you are waiting on your 2nd vaccination please let us know
- We are following NSW Health advice regarding our Core Retraining & Pilates classes, therefore Term 4 2021 is only open to fully vaccinated clients who can show proof of vaccination. There are zoom class options available to anyone else who still wants to join our classes. Class numbers will be limited to ensure there is sufficient space in the gym
What we ask of you
Please consider the following prior to attending our practice:
* Have you been identified as a Close contact or know you have had contact with a confirmed case? If yes, please isolate and re-schedule your appointment at either SSP venue
* Have you been asked to isolate? If yes, please isolate and re-schedule your appointment at either SSP venue
*Have you been identified as a casual contact? Please re-schedule your appointment until after you have received a negative Covid test and let us know prior to attending the practice
*Are you unvaccinated for Covid 19? You will need to undertake a CPR Covid test and confirm your negative result (max 48 HOURS OLD) prior to attending any of your appointments
*Are you in need of an urgent appointment with one of our physios? Please contact us as and we will do our best to find an appointment for you, however please understand how busy we are as restrictions ease
And as always:
** If you have had any flu-like symptoms – sore throat, cough, and fever in the past week please call us and we will happily re-schedule your appointment, or confirm you have had a negative Covid Test prior to attending your next appointment
All Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists and Reception staff are fully vaccinated against Covid 19. Your Physio will wear a mask at all times and clean all treatment surfaces before every session.
Patients attending SSP Drummoyne for an appointment will be asked to follow a strict protocol to enter the practice to maintain the sterile environment within the practice to protect staff and other clients.
This includes wearing a mask from the time you enter our practice until after you leave, using the QR code system, Temperature checking on arrival, compulsory use of hand sanitisers. All common surfaces including bathrooms, door handles and reception are regularly disinfected.
All our team will sanitise or wash their hands before and after each interaction
To Assist with Social Distancing
We are asking patients to assist with social distancing and to therefore attend no more than 1-2 minutes prior to their appointment and please put your mask on before entering the building.
We are also asking that each patient arrives on their own unless under special circumstances, such as mums and bubs, or if in need of a carer. You are welcome to call reception with any questions, concerns or special needs.
We thank you for your support and assistance in ensuring that we are able to continue to focus on your wellbeing and our community in a safe and respectful way.